News From Around The Web

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Strycker's Bay Welcomes Lori!



Hello everyone, my name is Lori C. Joseph, and I am the new intern at Strycker’s Bay Neighborhood Council. I love the environment, passion and caring attitude of every staff member here, it is the ideal working environment. As the new intern I assist with tenant rights, and eviction prevention. This is my fourth week at Strycker’s Bay and it is has been quite a journey. A journey that I am delighted to be on. The joy of helping others in need is life’s own reward. While on this journey I hope to gain the knowledge of operating a non profit organization, and working hard to continue the frontline work. I can relate to a few clients because I faced similar issues. During the rest of my tenure here at Strycker’s Bay I hope to help assist in Strycker’s Bay Frontline fight, find new and exciting ideas to bring to the organization, and to plant a seed that will continue to grow and flourish.

I enjoy reading, and being a positive role model to others. I grew up in Bronx, NY, and left at the age of 15. Since leaving New York I have gone on to accomplish great things. I am a first generation college graduate. I graduated with honors from South Carolina State University, with a major in Family and Consumer Science Business; I also became a member of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc. I have also met many influential people such as Judge Mathis, John Edwards, Jesse Jackson, Barack Obama and the list continues. I came back to New York to pursue my dreams of helping others, and to become an example for others to follow. My feet are still on the ground, I just wear better shoes now.

I would like to thank Ms. Williams and Ms. Bethea for this great opportunity. These two women are the epitome of phenomenal women. It is a pleasure to have these women as my mentors. They are very passionate and sincere in the work that they do. I encourage everyone to give back, whether it be volunteering through an organization, or just helping out a friend in need. The reward is remarkable.

No comments:

Collected Links and News

Strycker"s Bay Community Calendar

Add to Technorati Favorites